What’s up guys!
If you have read my about page, then you will know that I play the flute. This is my 4th year playing and I really enjoy it! Here are some facts about a flute:
- It was held vertically when it was first made
- The clarinet’s key placement is based on flute keys
- The flute is a woodwind
- It does not have a reed
- It takes a moderate amount of air to play
- It takes practice to play correctly (like everything 😂)
- You do not place your finger on every key
- You can learn to play really high (Which is a lot of fun by the way)
- On a lot of advanced songs, you have to play really high really quickly, so you have to spend a lot of time practicing
- You get the melody on many songs, so, everyone has to play quieter so the audience can hear you!
Here is a picture of a gentleman playing a flute:
I hope this little list helped some of you guys understand the flute a bit better!